Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hold Out

I think the most interesting thing about getting back into the whole dating scene has been the complete glut of people who seem to know exactly what I want or need. Yes, exactly. Without question or even the semblance of doubt, these couples or men know what I need. Most of them know this within ONE meeting of me! Astounding, I tell you! Apparently, I am just THAT readable and easy to figure out. Or, they're completely delusional.

My money's on the latter since I'm still trying to figure out what it is "exactly' that I need.

What has been quite possibly the MOST insulting thing I've heard from anyone so far is the person who told me that I am being "ridiculous" by thinking that there is something at all like "romantic love" out there. I, according to this young man (for young he is, trust me.) was simply being "a hopeless chick" by "holding out" for such a silly, silly thing. I was a bit saddened that someone so young as he was already so cynical about life and relationships.

This young man, btw, offered me such a fabulous offer, I'm still shocked that I turned it down! He, in all his fabulous knowing of what I need, offered to train me as his slave and he would offer me in return, the "care of a master for his property". You know, since that's all a slave should expect from life.

I think the number ONE thing wrong with his offer is that, actually, I'm NOT a slave nor do I really have any desire to be.

The number ONE-A thing wrong is the lack of love.

Because, even though I don't know EXACTLY what I need on any given day, I know one thing for damn sure: I not only will continue to hold out for love because it is definitely something I need but by all the Gods because I deserve it.


“They say true love only comes around once and you have to hold out and be strong until then. I have been waiting. I have been searching. I am a man under the moon, walking the streets of earth until dawn. There's got to be someone for me. It's not too much to ask. Just someone to be with. Someone to love. Someone to give everything to. Someone.”

-Henry Rollins

No comments:

Post a Comment