Friday, January 29, 2010

Sunlight

This is the first day in I don't know how many days that the sun has been out where I live. right now, I am sitting at my kitchen table looking out the window at the snow on the ground reflecting back the light at me.

Sunlight is important for me. I have S.A.D. and so to me sunlight is VERY important. I feel very tied to the progression of the earth around the sun,and while most people often think of think of the end of January as the middle of winter I have already begun to take comfort in the fact that the days are longer once again. It's no longer dark when I leave for work and come home again. On the weekends, when I let myself wake up naturally, I'm waking up earlier. It's a nice feeling to have so much more day in my day.

I kind of feel like the last few years have been a very long winter for me and that just now the light is coming back in. I'm very much enjoying the moments I have every day where I am able to step back and realize that I'm doing things for just me. It's a very nice thing. Heady, even. It's just so lovely to feel the sun on my skin and feel at home there again.





“Today a new sun rises for me; everything lives, everything is animated, everything seems to speak to me of my passion, everything invites me to cherish it”
-Ninon de Lenclos

No comments:

Post a Comment